Aloha, and welcome to 2023!
We’re glad you’re here and hope you and yours enjoyed all this past holiday season had to offer, from the Big Island to the rest of the world.
A lot has changed over the past 12 months, but it’s always good to know that a few things will forever stay the same—and that includes Karen Bail remaining the Big Island’s #1 realtor of choice! She and her team are so grateful to have made so many dreams come true this past year, and they’re looking forward to helping many more in the coming year.
And speaking of things staying the same—the weather remains outstanding year-round here in paradise, which means it’s time to hit the links! The Big Island of Hawai’i is home to some of the world’s foremost championship golf courses and resorts, combining professionally-designed layouts with the unrivaled natural splendor of the surrounding scenery.
In no particular order:
- Makani Golf Club: This outstanding course gives all its patrons a sweeping view of both the Pacific Ocean (maka’i) and the mountains to the east (mauka). Open to the general public daily, this par-72 course is wonderful for newcomers and experts alike. Designed by famous golf designer Perry Die, Makani Golf Club also offers an unbeatable view of mighty Mauna Kea in the distance, located midway between Waimea and Kona near the gated Pu’u Lani subdivision.
- Makalei: A private course located in Kona Hills, near to the Kona Palisades subdivision, and designed by top professional Tom Weiskopf, this breathtaking course is nestled into the western slopes of Hualalai Mountain and incorporates all the unique topography of the region into its fairways. And, as an additional bonus, check out all the unique animals that make their home around this sensational scenery, including wild pheasants and peacocks!
- Hualalai Golf Hale: Ready to hit the links and sit in the lap of luxury afterwards? Then check out Hualalai Golf Course, located within the Four Seasons Hualalai. Designed by all-time great Jack ‘The Golden Bear’ Nicklaus, this stunning course features three 9-hole layouts that are sure to delight and challenge even the most seasoned golfer. The home of the PGA Tour Mitsubishi Electric Championship in late January, this is a must-see course for any avid, discerning golfer of choice.
- Mauna Kea Golf Course: This historic site, now revitalized by the course designer’s son, Rees Jones, sports a gorgeous 18 holes of pure golfing pleasure that’s combined with top-of-the-line amenities—including on-board GPS in all the golf carts to let you know just how far away your ball is from the hole! With a delicious onsite restaurant and signature cocktails made to order this unique stop located within the Mauna Kea resort should definitely be on the to-do list for every Big Island golfer.
- Kona Country Club: An exclusive locale with an excellent online tee-time scheduler, Kona Country sports two 18-hole courses (though the maka’i course has been closed for much of the past year) that are widely considered to be some of the island’s best. This course is conveniently located just north of downtown Kailua, offering a perfect trifecta of ocean views, top-shelf facilities, and friendly customer service. Consistently ranked among the Top 100 courses by Golf Digest, head on over and tee one up among good friends and great weather today!
Are you ready to make the Big Island your permanent golfing residence? Give us a call today and let’s get going on introducing you to Hawai’i’s #1 realtor in 2023 and beyond!